Wednesday, October 22, 2014

It's my Blog, and I'll Blog if I want to!

So I had a friend help me set this up this morning. I figured I'd use it to write about the many interesting aspects of my life! Just kidding, my life isn't that interesting! So I'll just write about whatever I want to. Homeschooling, product reviews, Subscription box unpacking... you know whatever I'm doing at the time.

What I'm doing right now is working on my 4 year old daughter's Halloween costume. She want's to be a Raven for Halloween. Specifically she want's to be Huginn! How great is that? So I have been attempting to make her a costume. First off let me get this out in the open, I am NOT "That Mom"! While I hope the costume will come out to be cute, it's not going to be stunningly amazing. I'm up-cycling an old set of dark purple bed sheets for this (I'm hoping it will look black in the dark). I tore the fitted sheet into strips and then tied the strips to a couple of coat hangers that my husband bent into the shape of wings. My next step is to figure out how to rig a harness to hold the little buggers up. I'm definitely enlisting my husband,Wes's help for that. The plan for the fitted sheet is to turn it into a tunic that will fit over her winter weather clothes so that she can be warm and stylish! If there is enough fabric left we want to make a hood as well. I ordered some black feathers off of eBay that we will incorporate into the costume if they arrive in time. Wish me luck, I'll post pics when I have some to post (and find out how to post them)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Laptop Backpack,Swissdigital

Laptop Backpack, Swissdigital  I was recently asked to review a backpack and since I was looking for a reason to make another post and...