Sunday, November 9, 2014

Fire on the Mountain Top

So the big news today is that the mountain is on fire. Last night it was at 43 acres, tonight it's at 1,170 acres. It's about five miles out of town. We've got the bug out bags packed and sitting by the door in case they decide we need to evacuate. I'm hoping it won't come to that though. We are supposed to be getting some kind of precipitation tonight and at this point I'm even OK with snow! (I hate snow.) This is my first Wild fire and I don't like it! I guess I'm worried over nothing because nobody else in town seems to be, but it seems like I'm reacting the opposite way that someone up here would react to a hurricane. So, we propose a toast to Ullr, may we get snow tonight to put out the fire. Hopefully there will be good news in the morning.

*Update*
As of 8 am this morning the fire was 95% contained and they were sending the out of town volunteers home. Hurray for the snow doing it's job. Hail Ullr!  It can stop snowing now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Laptop Backpack,Swissdigital

Laptop Backpack, Swissdigital  I was recently asked to review a backpack and since I was looking for a reason to make another post and...