Monday, November 17, 2014

What do you eat?

So this year for Thanksgiving we are going to share the Feast with our neighbors. We are currently making a list of what everyone is making so we don't end up with twenty pounds of potato salad. We are bring a ham, mashed potatoes and a green-bean casserole. Our neighbors are making other things for the feast including homemade noodles and rice pilaf. Which makes me wonder, "What do you consider to be traditional Thanksgiving fare?" I always thought that Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce,green-bean casserole and a variety of pies was your basic fare. However when I went to my first Thanksgiving With Wes's family I sadly discovered that they generally didn't do mashed potatoes. I have also discovered that the stores in Wyoming don't generally keep pecan pie, which is one of my Thanksgiving staples, in stock. Therefore I am going to be learning how to make Pecan Pie, but I probably won't master it before this year's thanksgiving. So, verily, I ask you this: What are you having for Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Laptop Backpack,Swissdigital

Laptop Backpack, Swissdigital  I was recently asked to review a backpack and since I was looking for a reason to make another post and...